St Cuthbert's Society
The St. Cuthbert’s Society, a registered charity in the UK, was initially founded on the 19th July 1854, 46 years after the first students walked from Crook Hall to their new home at Ushaw. The society had only one purpose; to support the college in its mission to train men for the catholic priesthood who could go on to serve the growing catholic communities of Northern England.
St Cuthbert’s society continues to this day, and all those who have a special place in their heart for Ushaw are encouraged to apply for membership to the esteemed group, and further the development of our beautiful and historic college. To this day, the society continues, whilst its purpose has changed, its role at Ushaw has not.